Saturday 18 February 2012

Vanish Poet II




Walking through the narrow lanes of the wartown
I realised it was not the same old place
Where I grew up, with love and happiness.
This was tough, but I pressed on,
Sometimes looking amongst the ruins
Often recognising familiar faces covered in blood.
The air smelled of blood and burned flesh
Nauseating me, but I moved on,
Not wanting to leave them alone.
I looked and looked, everywhere
Not one was left alive.
My mourning did echo loud
But no one seemed to care
I wish there was something at all
I could do to bring them back
To vanish the miseries of the war
And bring back happiness.
The havocs caused by war are huge
And little is gained
Like spending money and lives
In exchange for grief
What would I not give away
In exchange for their lives!
To love and be loved by all
I want them back again.
I wish the Creator – the poet of the world
Would vanish these happenings
And bring back what I've lost for now
In exchange of anything.
For if he was meant to create
Why destroy the good?
Why not destroy misery
And disaster and havoc?
Oh Conjurer poet, answer my prayers
Why not act as such?
Why not become a vanish poet,
And be loved and served by all?
Why not vanish the miseries
And all injustice
To preserve the joy and justice
Which was made to protect?
With this prayer to the one above
I turn my back on them
And without a backward glance
I move on, away from them
Carrying only the memories of
Those good old days when
We all shared love and happiness
And created a heaven on earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment