Tuesday 31 January 2012

Et tu Brute...?


Dear Reader,    

Ever since I started this blog, I’ve been thinking of discussing the past with you all. Yes, past is very important in everyone’s life. It moulds us into what we are. It nurtures us. And it teaches us what to do in the future. Study of the past is essential for the study of the future. I thought (or rather, hoped) that I’ll tell you the story of the past, hold your hands and lead you back down memory lane. That very thought made me happy. Not that I’ve no interest in the present or future, but I’ve always thought that past is always amazing.

                However, I’ve been quite disappointed. Someone stabbed me so hard that I was jerked awake by the pain. The great memories of the past had vanished like a bubble. And it took me back for a moment to my Class X English classes...
Et tu Brute...?
I wish I was not Ceaser, who could say nothing but these words... I wish I was Mark Antony, who could cleverly say, 
Brutus is an honourable man...’ 
and lead a war that is written in golden words in the pages of history.

                I had always been wondering why people are ceasing to do good deeds. But if it is stabs you get for your good deeds, I’d rather not be so good. I’d rather be a villain who could fight back than being a superhero doing good deeds all life and getting blamed for one small mistake.

                No, not again. I’ve learned my lesson. I’m thankful for that. But trust, once lost, is lost forever. It’ll never come back even if you try again and again. Because dear Brutus, a small drop of curd is enough to turn gallons of milk to it... and the milk??? Well, it’s all over. And this is Caeser signing out from the life of Brutus... 
               
                 And don’t worry. I would never do the same to you. What would be the difference between us if I do?


No comments:

Post a Comment