Thursday 26 January 2012

63rd Indian Republic Day


Hi Readers,

Today is the 26th of January,2012, the 63rd Republic Day of India. Google has payed respects by giving out a special doodle for this occasion and Indian Facebook users all over the world has 'liked' it. Well, when it comes to patriotism. We all think that ours is the best. The chauvinism  that we all have within ourselves is one of the main reasons that has been pulling us down from a steady path to success. And here, I mean not only Indians, but people of all  nationality. And I guess that is the main reason why there are still people in this world who have to suffer even for one meal not just a day, but for more than a week.

But here, my friend had been sitting in front of her computer from morning and is quite disappointed by the fact that everyone is so patriotic today posting only republic day wishes. It is much less fun than the usual postings on someone's (Facebook) wall. Hmm... Well, I guess things go down to that extend. Even my own wall is full of posts by many friends wishing me a Happy Republic Day. And it's so confusing for someone like me. Is saying 'Happy Republic Day' the same as saying 'Happy B'Day' or something? That's for you to think, dear reader...

Now, it's almost time for lunch. Oh! I'm not someone who fusses about getting lunch on time. But when you are staying in hostel, you'll get your food only if you go to mess in time. Not that we love the food we get here, but food is very important for our survival...

I think it's time for me to take leave now. As my grandma and aunts say, talking about such big things are not  for a girl like. People who are supposed to worry about it may do that. Now, I think you are the ones who need to worry about it. You do that, while I go for lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment