Thursday 28 June 2012

Lost For Ever

I woke up one sunny Sunday 
To find the time nearly noon
I wondered where my mother'd gone
Without waking me up that day.

I looked for her around the house
But alas! That was all in vain
I noticed my house quite crowded,
Whispers and terrifying silence followed me.

I saw my dad on the sofa, looking grim, his face in his hands.
I went to him and asked for my mom
He shook his head and sighed.
I saw people looking at me, their faces full of sympathy.

At last, I found my mother in the sitout
Sleeping on a large banana leaf
The Sun's rays tickling her face,
And smiling to herself in her dreams.

I moved towards her but was stopped by my dad
Who hugged me, his eyes full of tears
I watched people carrying my mother out
And placing her on the sandalwood heap.

I watched the fire roaring with laughter, feeding on my mother
I didn't cry, I didn't weep, I didn't faint nor scream.
I stood there, knowing as I always did, she lives
In my heart, though lost forever....

No comments:

Post a Comment